Fettuccini Alfredo with Prosciutto and Peas
- 2 tbl extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 shallots, minced
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 cup heavy cream
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 lb prosciutto, julienneed
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesean reggiano, plus more for garnish
- 1 lb fresh fettuccini
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat
- Add shallots and garlic and saute for a couple of minutes or until tender.
- Add crean and cook for 1 to 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add prosciutto and peas and toss gently to combine.
- Sprinkle cheese over top and stir to melt and combine.
- Cook until heated through.
- In a large pot of boiling water add fettuccini and cook until al dente, just a couple of minutes for fresh pasta.
- Drain, reserving 1/4 cup of pasta water.
- Add the reserved pasta water and drained fettuccini to skillet.
- Toss to combine pasta with sauce and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve, garnished with extra cheese.
There didnt seem to be enough sauce when we made it so it might be good to double the sauce ingredients. We also used linguini instead of fettuccini which worked well